This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
so today my doctor called and gave me the results from my blood test, my testesterone levels where 12.8 he said, with a converter it converted to roughly 370ng/dL, which is really fucking low. This makes me sad. I've been consistent and going to the gym 3-4 times week the last 6 months. I really don't know what to do I am very young and my test is so low ;/. Is there anyone with low test that has sucesssfully built a great physique? doctor said testesterone replacement therapy is started to be considered at 8 nMOL/L man I have to be dying to get this?
I really don't want to be blind-eyed and put my blame on this if there are other factors for why I am not building muscle, but correct me if I am wrong that this is a huge crutch in my way right now?
On days I feel very tired, sleepy during lessons, sometimes I feel sad, although I'm not sure if I would call it depression, I'm sad beacause I've been failing to get the results I want, and then again I'm not sure if I failed to achieve the results I wanted cause I'm sad, it's a darkcircle. I've had ED for a while now, 1-2 year. Crazy I know, although I believe a big part of is because of too much porn and masturbation. I'm 4 days with no porn-no fap so far.
1. So I'm wondering, is there anyone who has had low testesterone levels and sucessfully build a great physique? How did you do? Did you do anything different?
What can I do to increase my test levels? I've read Chris article on testesterone, I've been eating eggs pretty much everyday for months (6 eggs atleast everyday) with lots of butter, I eat chicken 4 times a week after training. Is there any other part except for nutrition to increase test lvls? I'll be searching more about this.
If none of the above works, is the only way to do it through testesterone replacement therapy? I'm willing to do it, although there would be some consequences for me if I did, so I would only do it as a last option.
I hope I didn't sound too negative, it's just that this lifestyle some of you have is something I really wanna achieve too.
Hate to break it to you bud, but your "low T" problems are all in your head. You're nowhere near low T levels, especially for being 16 years old. Ever since Chris came out with those articles (which are good), everyone around here thinks they need to have super physiological levels of testosterone, like in the 1200+ ng/dL range. That is absurdly high for a natural and generally unattainable without drugs, even 1000 ng/dL is really high without drugs. You're only 16 and your body naturally ramps up your T levels well into your 20's. I'm almost 21 and my level is around the 500 ng/dL range, so don't fret, my levels were likely very similar to yours at your age.
Also, I've been able to very successfully build muscle since I was 16. If you aren't making gains in the gym it has absolutely nothing to do with your T levels. That's another thing people seem to have stuck in their head around here; they think they need 1200+ ng/dL levels to build muscle effectively: false. If I had to troubleshoot your problem without any addition information I would say it's a 10% chance you don't work hard enough in the gym and fatigue your muscles enough and a 90% chance you don't eat enough food to grow. Lift hard, eat harder.
Also, don't be so damn hard on yourself man, you're fucking 16. Quit watching porn, keep your chin up, and keep working hard in the gym, it'll come.
I am also 16 hah, but soon to be 17. Welcome dude.. we are ahead of the game.
I'm not sure if my test is low. I have the best physique in my grade but not sure of test levels. They seem high to me.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Quit Porn.
2. Lift heavy ass weights often
3. I would recommend 30 days of discipline. Guarantee that will raise test levels
4. Sleep well, 8 hours or more.
5. Don't worry about results. I have been here since January and still don't really have the results I want. It takes time. I went from 140 to 180 in a year of lifting, but that took dedication. Be patient and work hard.
"The finest steel has to go through the hottest fire"
Maybe you are right Marky, maybe not. Although I've read more about TRT and it's nothing I should do now anyway, as you said my testesterone levels are fluctating till around age 21-22. So that would be the earliet to start TRT. It would be retarded to start that now, cause it might fuck up something that was not broken in the first place. So for now all I can do is train and eat as good as I can.
Tear, cool that we're same age, awesome that you are seeing results. Yeah I'll try sleeping more. I should worry less, thx for the checklist.
How many calories do you eat? Your symptoms sound like low thyroid (which leads to low T), and a calorie deficit is the number one way to lower your thyroid hormone (as well as carb restriction. You NEED carb refeeds if you are on a VLC diet, unless you supplement with thyroid hormone like GLL). You should start eating a calorie surplus for a couple weeks until your energy levels return and your mood improves (poor diet can lead to depression symptoms too).
Whats your weight and how many calories are you taking in? Ive always had the same problems as you. i just turned 19 and it took me a while to figure out what i was doing wrong, i figured the more calories you get the more your body will use therefore not feeling as tired. I also eliminated all simple carbs from my diet especially sugar, also taking vitamins like B1 , B6, B12 (They convert carbs and fats into energy) 2000iu of vitamin D, and GLLs recommended multivitamin opti-men, also drink coffee in the morning if it helps and if youre trying to gain mass do intermediate weight at the gym for 12-15 reps 5 sets , thats what i found helped me the most my arms are 16.5 inches , im 175 pounds at 12% bodyfat, also to increase energy shower with cold water, and do some cardio even walking for an hour will help you feel better. Hope i helped
aguy wrote: How many calories do you eat? Your symptoms sound like low thyroid (which leads to low T), and a calorie deficit is the number one way to lower your thyroid hormone (as well as carb restriction. You NEED carb refeeds if you are on a VLC diet, unless you supplement with thyroid hormone like GLL). You should start eating a calorie surplus for a couple weeks until your energy levels return and your mood improves (poor diet can lead to depression symptoms too).
I eat 2800 kcal on the days I train, and on days I don't train I eat 2200-2300 kcal. I am 77kg, 178cm, 17-18%BF
I'm trying to fix another bloodtest for thyroid, but my ''doctor central'' is being a bitch and really don't want me to get a goddamn test. The TSH I recieved on papers was 3.2mIE/L (0.40-3.7.) and you should have under 2? I'm going to try to get a full thyroid blood test. Idk I really feel like my issue is something inside my body, my friends are eating like shit and fucking around in the gym but still making gains, I mean my diet and workout shouldn't have to be flawless in the beginning, right? I do have a training log in the training section where I write everything I do and eat.
@Apex I'm takingmultivitamin and fishoil, I'll check out those other vitamins aswell, but Idon't want to be taking too much unnessicary stuff.
Howdoes 165 @6'1 look like? skinny or like athlethic looking?
Cool I think something similar to you will be my only way out, I really feel sluggish and no life drive, everytime I come home I sleep for 2-3 hrs cause I am so tired etc, how old are you when u started with injections?
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.