This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
I used to live in the gym, be there every day for a couple of hours, might not be optimal but it just like being in there lifting.
However now I have got a new job, so I dont have alot of time to workout and need help to pick a better routine that takes about 45-60mins at most and still good for gains ofc.
Im not a very advanced lifter, but not a noob either.
45-60 minutes should be more than enough time to workout & make gains. It's not so much about the quantity of your workout, but the quality. Most people feel that they have to workout 5 days a week for a complete hour to make progress but you don't. If your goal is size focus more on compound movements & use isolation lifts after the compound movements to build up body parts you think are smaller such as biceps or calves. Total body workouts are good for strength & size as well because you'll increase the volume (sets/reps) each muscle is getting. You can do total body workouts 3 days a week. It would be a good idea to rest a day or two between those workouts. So say M,W,F or M, Thurs, Sun. The workouts only need to last about 30-45 minutes. I am a personal trainer. A good book for you would be ULTIMATE MASS: 7 Secrets To Build Muscle Fast As Hell by Brandon Carter. It's only $1 on Amazon. Brandon Carter is the real deal, just look him up on Youtube. A lot of people don't know their body type. If you know that, it will better help you to achieve your goals. I'll attach a photo about body type.
When I started lifting all I did was read bodybuilding forums and magazines. Worked out 6 days a week, cardio in the morning everyday then at night, eating every 2 hours (I would carry protein bars or bags of almonds) literally thought I would lose EVERYTHING after that 2 hour mark without a meal, took all the "snake oil" supplements from GNC, etc.
I started to think, how can or how do prisoners get in such good shape locked up in many times with NO WEIGHTS allowed no supplements and eating shitty "quality" processed food (peanut butter, beans, and tuna are their protein choices if they can afford OR have they luxury to get served those along with cheap carbs like white rice, pasta, etc....)
It's hard, I've been there... You read all those fitness/bodybuilding magazines, forums, website, etc. But think about it... First off, how man pages of say FLEX magazine are advertisements? How many covers have you seen something that sounds similar to this, "Gained 2 inches on your arms in 21 days OR Gain 30 pounds of muscle in 1 month with the workout plan inside..." Every month on every magazine I see the same type of shit in some way similar to those statements. Now if all those magazines information, forums, bro-science from other gym rats, etc. was true... Everyone how is interested in fitness or bodybuilding would be looking just like the pictures in the magazines on the pages of your "snake oil" supplements...
It comes down to this:
- Magazines make money by all the advertisements from various companies plastering the "NEXT REVOLUTIONARY NEW SUPPLEMENT!" and they also make money off people buying the magazine. Pretty simply, they are going to push articles with sponsored people or "recommend" a product in their articles then BOOM conveniently 2 pages further is a giant advertisement for that same supplement. People want to hear shit such as "Gain 30 pounds of muscle with XYZ routine EXCLUSIVELY in this edition.. blah blah blah"... The truth isn't as "sexy" to hear or to promote your products...
- The other thing is.... All the workouts you see in magazine, online, forums, etc..... Think of this, they have an interview with say one of your favorite pro bodybuilders or some fitness model you don't know but in the interview/article they give their "personal workout routine". You have no clue how much gear these pro's are on OR even fitness models you think are natural.... they are on something to stay lean year round for photo shoots as it is their source of income...
Basically, I dare you to do the opposite of what the masses think or say... It's hard to change your mind once you have been so brainwashed but try it...
Back to the prisoner's... They improvise majority of the time since many don't have access to weights... They do basic exercise with bodyweight, maybe add some weight by filling water jugs, do full body workouts very fast paced, then back to their cell to eat some shitty food, and chill out in the cell.
Personally a few things I do and people don't believe me but whatever I have nothing to gain by lying I'm suggesting possibly it could help you...
- Set the timer on your phone or iPod for 15-20 minutes. Walk into the gym and do what your their to do... LIFT! Don't hang around the flat benches with all the "bro's", don't wander around messing with your phone turn, and don't take long rest breaks to talk socially.
- Stick to compound lifts, full body workouts, or something like a upper body/lower body routine maybe even a push, pull, leg routine. Weighted dips and pull-ups will put slabs of muscle on you AND make your arms, shoulders, chest, etc. bigger... If your time is limited or just want to get the most bang for your buck do what I said above....
- Eating every 2 hours or 6-8 times a day is a joke I personally think. After lifting a protein shake or a small protein packed meal/snack and 1 big meal at night full of protein and fats...
-Sleep is important 8 hours or more is ideal but I'm not going to lie I only get about 4-5 daily.. ideal? No... But I realized pussy and money are more important than being a gym rat so if it limits my gains so be it... lol
- Go balls to the walls for 15-20 minutes, no BS chit chatting, little to no rest breaks, incorporate supersets or negatives in your routine, and go to failure. I personally don't stretch or do warm up sets I like to just BOOM go nuts using proper form bust my ass to where I feel like I'm going to puke or I do but I'm done leaving the parking in 25 minutes.
Try something like this:
3 days a week, say Monday, Wednesday, and Friday do a full body workout set your timer on 20 minutes get your mind ready to what exercise next so your not walking around daydreaming. Then try something like this:
1. 8-20 reps squats or leg press to failure immediately get up no rest
2. Weighted pull ups to failure no rest
3. Weighted dips to failure
Take a 30-90 second rest then repeat those 3 exercise again no rest in between.... If you can do any more pull ups for example then jump up and slowly let your body down doing proper form negatives....
If you truly bust your ass and put everything into that 20 minute window of hell (considering you have good form also) you will gain more muscle than you probably have right now... Isolation exercises are good and they have their purpose but doing a curl at 4 different angles is not going to make your arms grow HUGE.... Doing weighted pull ups will have your lats looking like a stingray and biceps toasted....
"I put the bubbles in the tub so I can take a bubble bath!"
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.