This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
Finally getting around to starting a style thread. I'm just going to post pics of outfits I wear. Doing this will help keep me focused and serious about my style, provide the community with examples (hopefully of what to do, but probably at least occasionally what not to do) and changes to give feedback and get ideas. I'll post links to products on request.
To start off, this is what I wore to bars last Thursday night. Bad boy edgy/DTF look with a leather jacket, dog tags, shirt with a half-naked girl on it. Dark "dressy" jeans, Western-style brown brogue boots with ~2.5 inches of insoles to max out my height. Bracelet though you can't really see it in the pic. I had a watch but it's my black one so it didn't really match, I lost my brown-strapped watch and need to replace it. Basic white gem earrings (nothing fancy like diamond or moissanite, they cost ~$5).
I just received the short necklace so I tried wearing it along with the longer hanging dog tags. In retrospect it would have looked better to lose the shorter necklace.
Working on getting better lighting/quality for the photos.
Hey man thanks for sharing. I like the jacket, it's a hard one to pull off but you look calm and confident. I'm no good at fashion so no critiques but damn dude looks like you have some big fucking feet what's up with the boots?
goals: don't fucking know not gonna commit to anything until I actually properly, live or die commit to it.
6'4", 30 yo, 7 lays (holy shit that's low)
Achieved so far:
- Overcame crippling, diagnosed social & general anxiety.
- Improved my looks (3/10 to 9/10 according to photofeeler).
- 40+ matches a week on bumble/tinder/hinge
BIB I've heard that too but where's this knowledge coming from? I don't know where to go for info on what the latest trends are on things like that. I tend to look at what comes up first on searches (like on Amazon, which is where I've done most of my clothes shopping lately) and filter it by what I think looks good.
Play_time my feet might look bigger because they're propped up by insoles. Those boots are size 11.
Really not bad but I have a few complaints (this means nothing coming from someone with no pics, I’ll post 2-3 of my going out outfits in your thread as examples later today or tomorrow). This is nitpicking a bit but may help you out.
1) too many colors for my taste. Black/blue/brown together is not ideal. Black shoes would work better
2) I don’t like those jeans at all. The picture quality isn’t great but they look too baggy and I don’t like that roll up shit at the bottom esp in combination with brown boots. It screams young professional. Jeans should be skinnier (also I prefer black or grey to vanilla dark blue) and preferably have at least narrow slits at the knees if not more distressing. It’s an eeeasy way to add edge and look cool that you’re missing out on.
3) a thin chain or necklace with pendant is better than dog tags but that’s more of a hunch than a rule for me. Look at magic_fox or louisdarcis or menwithstreetstyle. I bet almost no one wears dog tags
4) I may be wrong about this esp cause I’m in Houston and not LA but I wouldn’t wear the shirt with the half naked girl. It looks a bit middle school try hard “look guys I’m a big player”. Your leather jacket with a necklace and better jeans is already plenty edgy. A much better way to demonstrate that you know what you’re doing is with a tight fitting plain white t shirt with a scooped neck and curved hem.
Overall, it just looks a bit try hard but these are minor changes and you’re def on the right track. I’ll post my shit when I’m getting ready to go out
Great feedback guys. I’m surprised about the jeans, they’re actually pretty tight/tapered slim fit, almost skinny jeans. Maybe something with the picture. I always cuff jeans though. What do others think about that?
Good call out on mixing black and brown, I should know better. I need a brown leather jacket.
On necklaces, sounds like for metal edgy stuff smaller and thinner pieces are more in style. That’s what I saw magic_fox wearing too. Some examples:
Here’s a basic outfit I wore over the weekend. The most important part is how this shirt fits. I have other floral shirts but they’re too baggy. This one fits very well and looks really good IMO. Same dark jeans (from Guess). Shoes are elevator shoes for added height. Would pick a less formal style otherwise. Necklace tucked under the shirt so it shows around my neck.
Wore this out Saturday to the mall then at night. Stretchy Henley that shows off physique, anchor necklace from GLL style guide, same dark jeans, black fashion sneakers. At night I swapped sneakers for black elevator shoes.
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.