This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
What about just maintaining it with propecia/finasteride and working on lowering body fat etc. What about beards and haircuts that would look good maintaining the somewhat receded hairline that I have? I'm still worried about side effects from finasteride. What haircuts would be good in my case?
Dude, you're not horrible, it can all be fixed. You do remind me of Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory, though.
1) You're wearing two versions of the same shirt in your pics. These shirts are not for you, dude. They are highlighting problems with your body, not hiding them.
2) The hair. Someone already said so, but a shorter cut would do you good. Go to a salon, not a high priced place and ask the stylist what she thinks.
3) Either grow a beard or a goatee to hide the fat under your jaw, you need to grow the beard lower.
Good luck to you, buddy.
1) Grow my dick
2) Get down to 170lbs/Get an earth shattering ass
3) Finish writing book(s)
4) Organize my life
5) Make better money
ableright wrote: What about just maintaining it with propecia/finasteride and working on lowering body fat etc. What about beards and haircuts that would look good maintaining the somewhat receded hairline that I have? I'm still worried about side effects from finasteride. What haircuts would be good in my case?
Well I mean you can always settle for the solution that is more convenient and is less than ideal but still works okay...however, it is much much easier to be physically attractive with a solid hairline than without one. Let's say for instance you got very low body fat + a ton of muscle + a sick beard + awesome clothes + a great tan, etc...you would still look infinitely better with a fuller head of hair. Any hairstyle you try to do right now is just going to be a variation on the same comb over/cover up game you're currently rocking, and it's not nearly as good as having a good hairline and being able to wear your hair up and/or short. Check out the FUE doctors in Turkey, they really are very affordable and you're a great candidate.
Maintaining your current hair with meds is extremely important. You don't necessarily have to take fin, you can use the ru58841/minox mix that Chris talks about and it blocks androgens topically without getting too much into the system and causing other side effects.
Sandshark wrote: I agree with gaga. I'll give you some action steps on what to do.
First, I want to congratulate you for actually taking action and hitting on girls. I think as you improve your looks (and start getting results) and get more experience, your anxiety will take care of itself.
Second, there are major improvements you can make to your looks. That's your main thing right now, and your results will get a lot better once you handle that. Here is my advice:
1. Lose body fat. What's always worked best for me is to lift weights 3x per week and eat 2000 calories per day. That makes me lose 2 lbs per week. I hit that target by not drinking calories (no alcohol, no juice, diet soda instead of regular soda, etc.) and by skipping breakfast. I've tried Chris's low-carb diet but I feel horrible on low carb--you might have a different experience.
Do this until you hit 6% bodyfat (I've done this before without steroids, it's very attainable). You can measure your bodyfat with these calipers. The instructions will tell you what to do:
2. Fix your hair. I can't see what it looks like very well from just that 1 picture. If it's not too far gone, keep it and just get a different hair style. I get a side-part with 2 inches on the top and a #3 on the sides and back. Some guys on here will tell you to get an undercut / fade, which I think is too extreme-looking (an undercut is basically shaved on the sides and back, and about 3 inches on the top).
3. Get a tan. Go to a tanning bed. In my opinion, the top-shelf beds are worth the extra money since you tan way faster, it's really hard to burn in there, etc.
4. At some point, you'll need to get new, edgy clothes. But since you have a lot of weight to lose, you'll probably want to hold off on that. Lots of fashion advice on gll-getalife.com
5. I can't see your teeth in the picture, but if they're yellow, get the Groupon teeth whitening. It'll be about $70 and will make a big difference.
6. You didn't say how tall you are, but if you're under 6'0, I'd add some to your height. Plenty of regular shoes add about 1.5 inches to your height (most dress shoes, boots, etc), and you can throw a small insole in there for another half inch. 2 inches is nothing to sneeze at.
It might seem like a lot, but honestly pretty much everything on there can be done in a week (teeth whitening, hair cut, tan, height shoes, clothes) except for the losing weight. Definitely get the calipers immediately (I'm assuming you already have a scale--if you don't then get one) and focus on that. Right now you look like 20-25% bodyfat and you'll look like a completely different person at 6%.
^This is good advice. 6% BF would be super ideal but not needed at all, nothing wrong with working towards it though.
Also, how many girl have you hit on? I see a story of 6 girls that flaked on you and then you flaked on one of them...
He was talking about the haircut he gets which I totally think is an awesome cut, but I don't know that that would look good for someone with a receeding hairline? I've been researching styles for guys with a receeding hairline so I don't know what's best.
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.