This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
Today I signed the petition + committed to seeing the process through to the end.
One question for tomorrow... I already have Tinder (and Bumble), pay for Gold, and follow Andy's advice at Kill Your Inner Loser. Can I just use that instead of PoF? Like... do people still actually use PoF? Would rather double down my efforts on Tinder if it's simply a matter of substitution.
I don't often get online after work so may need to batch writing these — though i've committed to doing the drills themselves every day going forward as long as I can help it.
here's my Tinder profile
. I've been following Andy's guide from Kill Your Inner Loser but haven't been super consistent with being on the app.
That said, in the past few months I've probably matched with ~150 girls. Went on dates with maybe a dozen + gotten laid from 4. The last one actually turned into a really rewarding months-long fwb thing with an incredibly hot, super fun + outgoing girl. She just moved out of the city last weekend though, so now I need to get back on the grind.
As far as the drills yesterday and today, I was surprised at how much resistance I had to it. I live in downtown NYC so I feel like I should be able to do this in 30 seconds, but alas, it took walking all the way to the park + circling it a few times before I hit 5.
All 5 yesterday were quick, positive interactions. Today I almost felt like I was bothering people.
One woman looked pissed because she was on the phone (I didn't realize that)
Two kept walking + shouted over their shoulders
One wouldn't tell me the time despite me seeing that she literally just looked at the clock on her phone
One got a reaction from a helicopter boyfriend who swooped in with his dog and cut the girl off from saying anything when I said "thanks" after she did, in fact, tell me the time
Overall, my biggest challenge was trying to "qualify" women who would actually be able to tell me the time pretty quickly. It feels like 98% of women are talking on the phone or walking with another guy, so I looked for girls who either had watches or were holding their phone in their hand.
Lesson for the future: Stop giving a fuck about the outcome. The key to getting this done quickly — and likely having success going forward — is to focus on ME. Because at the end of the day, the drill really isn't about finding out the time.
This weekend I took myself on a much-needed solo retreat upstate. I thought it'd be sweet to do the drills in a different town, but I took for granted that most places don't have people just crawling all over... never gonna make excuses + take NYC for granted again lol.
While out of town, I matched with a younger girl from a nearby university. Got her number, and we made plans for a wine + movie date in my AirBnB for the following day. Texted her in the morning but didn't hear from or (or see her) all day. Felt like I did everything that I knew how to do right on my end, so can't complain too much about her flaking.
Coincidentally, one of my fwb's called me that night, and we had fun FaceTime sex full of dirty talk, giving her commands, and watching her cum.
1. Ask for the time
2. Ask for time + directions
3. Ask for time + directions + “Have you been there?”
4. Repeat steps 1-3 five times
Notes from first two sets:
* My biggest struggle is that so many girls are talking on the phone. I’ve decided that I’ll stop women walking with other men (and women walking in groups, of course) to relax + make it more fun. But ideally I’d love to be able to stop any girl I see.
* 2 sets = 6 women, though I’m curious how many women it ACTUALLY takes to complete the set. A lot of girls tell me the time while continuing to walk past me quickly before I can get the other questions in. I’ve found that approaching slower, from further back, and more directly in front yields better results. It makes me more confident + they seem more comfortable too (instead of some creepy guy side-tracking them).
* On a related note, it’s also difficult to ask “Have you been there?” if a girl responds to #2 with a “no/idk.” Should I just say it anyway? I guess the point of the drill isn’t really getting the time or directions — it’s having the freedom to say what I want to say regardless of the outcome.
Notes from last three sets:
* Got super distracted during my third set. Realized I kept asking everyone all 3 questions rather than working up to them. Then I started to get fatigued from the walk + let a lot of opportunities slip by me. THEN I saw a great writing desk on the curb + carried it over half a mile back to my apartment. (Lesson: Don’t forget your deadlifts + farmer’s carries in the gym!). After a quick re-center, I headed back out.
* Just super fatigued after the 4th set. Was out for nearly 4 hours and probably walked ~10 miles; ended up missing the 5th set AND my workout!
Overall, people have been really friendly. Many literally stop whatever they’re doing + pull their phone out of their purse — and it’s no inconvenience at all. At the beginning of this drill I said “sorry” a few times this happened. By the end, I was more unapologetic about what I wanted.
Today’s drill was a good reminder that important part is the energy I’m putting out into the world. That’s what I can control, and that’s what people respond to.
I also need to do the drills a HELL of a lot faster.
For instance, some girls continue to walk past quickly while giving me the time.
If it's cold/rainy or your in an area with covid paranoia, not much you can do.
Otherwise, make sure you do GET IN THERE - as in walk straight up to the girl, and full stop. If they walk *around* you then yeah they're not down. But if they're walking past you because you're basically not communicating via body language that you have more to say, that's something for you to work on.
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.