This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
What I did
- I read roosters guide to online dating
- I made a tinder profile, upgrade to platinum and have several girls that I am messaging right now.
- ordered phenibut
Going to try and get a date in the next week or so after i've completed some in person drills.
Day 4: Ask five girls for the time.
Ok so i'm embarrassed to admit that it did actually take me a few days to get the time (balls) to actually get out of my apartment to do the drills. But, once I did it was very easy and I feel great now. I was making myself overly anxious about this drill because I thought it was weird to ask people for the time when basically everyone has a smart phone; I thought people would say "just look at your phone" or just be really affronted in general. But obviously I was overthinking it and all the girls just told me the fucking time lol. I will be taking daily action from now on.
- ask time
- time + directions
- time + directions + have you been there before
This day was noticeable harder. Asking people for the time gives me no anxiety whatsoever unlike on day 4 when there was some mild anxiety. This improvement is encouraging no matter how small. Asking girls for directions wasn't hard either. It was the third drill where I had some anxiety; I found it a bit awkward to ask people if they'd been somewhere after I had already stopped them and asked them for two things (both of which anyone with a smart phone would already know). There was one instance where I really felt that the girl I was talking to was both hotter and cooler than me and I had the worst anxiety of the night after talking to her. But basically everyone was relatively nice and I am still alive. I do feel I have made a small dent in my approach anxiety today.
Day 7: repeat day 6 stacked drills but faster and don't let girls get away
So I successfully did this 15/15 girls; I did not let a single one go by. Asking for the time is a joke and so is asking directions; the only thing that is still a struggle is the have you been there at the end.
One thing that happened that was pretty awkward and gave me some major anxiety was when I asked some girl with her boyfriend for the directions to a specific club and tat's where they were headed at the time. I'm not 21 so I can't even go in the place but now I kinda had to go with them but then when we got there I had to say some shit about just meeting someone here while they went inside. It was a really nice club and all the people there looked very wealthy and socially free and I felt a bit insecure just out the doing AA drills lmao. But all in all I was able to quickly execute the drills without bitching out at any point in the night. Feels good to have one week down. Looking forward to day 8.
time, directions leave
time, directions, have you been there, leave
time directions, have you been there, do you like it, leave
I'm going to be keeping more detailed reports of my sessions from now on
Summary: It took me a while to get out the door as usual, after asking the first girl for the time I started having anxiety about where I was going to ask for directions to. I Let two girls go by before getting my thoughts together. I then had a series of great interactions that really built my social momentum. After the halfway mark the interactions were less inspiring and more neutral/awkward and it became a bit more difficult. But, on the last set I felt very calm and present, I was able to really look the girl in the eye and listen to her. I was also speaking much slower rather than firing the questions off like I feel I may had been doing before. I do feel i've made some progress tonight. The only struggle 'm having is that it's hard to find attractive girls alone. They are almost always with a boy in which case he often will handle talking to me while she just hangs out even though I try to address her as directly as I can. Any advice on that would be good but I bet it will become easier to single out the girl with some of the other drills.
took me 1hr 15min to complete. Let 3/19 sets slip away.
- asked girl for the time in line, she gave it to me...
- asked a group of three young, average girls for the time and directions to voodoo donuts. They told me in a very neutral manner and left
- I asked a moderately attractive woman in her 30's for the time and directions to voodoo donuts. I was going to ask her if she'd been there but just ended up getting into a conversation with her about Portland and she gave me the last cupcake in a box she'd been carrying. (felt good after this one)
- did the full drill on a couple and got a very good reaction. I was joking to them about having the munchies so I could make the long walk to the donut shop
- asked a mixed set for the time, some guy gave it to me and I counted it (not many options tonight)
- asked a hot girl with her boyfriend for the time, she asked for what city... I said "this one". She gave me the time and then I asked for directions to VD and she said they weren't from around here. I felt stupid asking her that because I knew she couldn't be from around here if her watch was on a different time zone. (felt dumb)
Note: a guy heard me asking this and offered to walk me to VD I obviously had to go with him. I was kinda annoyed about basically being forced to buy a donut but the store was empty and after joking around with the girl at the counter (5/10) she gave me a free donut and I left (second free pastry in 20 minutes lmao)
- Asked a mixed set for time, directions, been there? they didn't know the location
- Ran the full drill on another hot girl with her boyfriend. They were super helpful and looked up the directions for me and we talked about the restaurant (Torchy's Tacos) I was "looking for"
- Asked two girls for the time (7.5/10)
- Immediately after that I asked two girls (6/10) for directions: I didm't ask for the time again because I was worried the previous girls would hear me ask again and it would be weird. (need to work on that)
- Asked a group of two girls (5-6/10) and a guy for time + directions + have you been there and they were helpful but I felt awkward
- Ran the full drill on a group of 3: a guy, one hot girl, and a not very attractive girl. I kept making eye contact with the hot girl when doing the drill but the other girl was answering all my questions. When I asked if they liked it she said it was good. That one felt a bit awkward but I was glad the hot girl decided to talk when she could have easily let her friend deal with me.
- Asked a lady that turned out to be a homeless methhead for the time (i'm legally blind btw, couldn't tell)
- Asked a group of two guys and two guys for the time + directions to Torchy's. One girl (6.5/10) seemed cool and helped me with it. The guys were looking at me in a semi hostile way but I didn't really care. They looked like losers. No that I'm one to judge lol
- tried time + directions + been there? on a couple and they weren't from Austin
- Ran full drill on two girls (5/10) we ended up getting into a short convo about authentic vs "Austinized" Mexican food. They told me where I could get some "real" tacos. I felt particularly relaxed and out of my head in this interaction.
Day 9 failed
time, have you eaten at... leave
time, have you eaten at..., did you like it? (even if they haven't been there) leave
Summary: so i only made it through two rounds of this and bitched out on the full drill both times. I think it was partially due to the fact that I was getting "bad" reactions even when asking for the time. Also, in Austin many people are transplants and when i'd ask if they'd tried a restaurant they would give me a relatively detailed explanation about how they aren't from here but they bet it's good. I think it was the detailed explanation made the follow up question harder than it would have been had theyh just said "no". But i'm going to try again tomorrow with some liquid courage and I'll be ordering kratom and phenibut right after I write this. Please feel free to kick my ass in the responses. I could use the support right now.
Here's a recap of the approaches I did do.
- Asked a couple for the time; the girl asked "don't you have a phone?" while the guy took out his phone and told me.
- Asked a cute girl for the time and if she'd eaten at cooper's bbq. She gave me the time but said she was vegetarian.
- tried to do the full drill on a group of 3 attractive girls and two guys; they were very nice and told me they weren't from here. I couldn't bring myself to ask them if they liked the restaurant. I told myself that it was just because that was a big group and I shouldn't have tried such a hard set the first time running the full drill.
- very attractive girl nicely gave me the time
- two average girls gave me the time and said they hadn't been to coopers
- saw a lone girl, not that attractive. This was the perfect circumstance to try the full drill. When I asked her for the time she said "that's an ancient question", while she reached for her phone. In hindsight she was actually a cool girl and just joking around but that response made me feel like a retard and I couldn't get past the second part of the drill to ask if she liked coopers. (she hadn't been there).
Bro if you made it this far I don’t think you need liquid courage to just add one more question, if you start using that you’ll need it everytime to speak to a girl and the program will be useless, I’m sure the last question is a little bit weird, but try to detach yourself from the situation, convince your brain that you’re just a very stupid guy that didn’t understand any answers they just gave so you still ask the last one, or that you are a famous rapper/psychopath that don’t give a shit about nothing and just ask the question, or that you just find it funny to mess with people for 2 seconds like, smile at them while asking this last fucking stupid question, view it all as a big game and leave the interactions laughing about it in your head.
Good job on arriving to day 9 a lot of people already quit before that and keep it up
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.