This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
What I did:
- Signed the petition
-Just started my journal here
-May do vlogs in the future.
What I did:
- Signed up for POF (Actually I already had an account, just made some tweaks to my profile and a few pics.)
- went through Rooster's online dating guide
- Messaged 28 girls on POF
What I did:
- Tried to set up a date from POF tonight but nothing materialized, no reply.
- Went out to ask what the time was to 5 different women. Some were with a guy, or with their friends. Was surprisingly challenging. I thought I would rip through it easy.
I wanted to say a lot more but this is actually the first time I'm recording myself on video for people to see me so I was actually really nervous (part of the reason I wanted to do it).
It felt really weird for me to be out and about in public to approach strangers. I know if I didn't go out for the sole purpose of asking 5 girls what the time was and was actually in the middle of doing something else, I wouldn't have a problem with this. But it's probably better to learn not to care.
To give some background on myself, I have cold approached girls before but I didn't screen them, just get-nowhere-funny-man shit. I have bouts where I can approach girls no problem, but it's really inconsistent and I want to get this down to the point where I'm at least 90% approaching girls that I want to nail. Usually if I want to approach, I feel more comfortable during the night.
The time shit was surprisingly hard for me when starting the aa program but it will soon be nothing to you, especially since you have cold approached girls for real before. You will get over the weirdness of going out to do drills soon too once you start seeing progress. Good luck with the program.
What I did:
- Asked what time it was to 10 people. 2 times (5 approaches, then 5 approaches).
I thought I was supposed to do the first 5 as fast as I could, so I managed to do all 5 in 17 minutes. When i realized that I was supposed to go fast in my second time, I tried to beat my first record and did it in 8 minutes.
FWIW, I forgot to mention that I'm only 5'6, so it's not too hard to find girls taller than me.
Maybe it's just me, but I find doing these vlogs really helpful in seeing body language that needs to be corrected (or nervous tics that have become bad habits). Personally I hate seeing myself in videos or pictures because I get overly self-conscious, but that's probably the only way I'm going to see how people see me when I talk to them.
Also I'd like to mention that
article from Chris really helped me. I thought I couldn't commit to doing pickup unless I had all my shit together to the point that nothing could disrupt me. The reality is, shit will always get in the way, whether it's because your car broke down, you need to stay longer at work, final exams, whatever,... Just gotta deal with what you're given. Thanks Chris!
What I did:
Did only up to the first 7 approaches. I actually did this yesterday, today I had my fillings done so my mouth was fucked up. I'm feeling better now so it shouldn't be an issue tomorrow. No time to do a video because I gotta head to sleep. Later.
What I did:
-Cold day and malls were closed, so I went down to our main "party street" where all the bars and clubs are. There's usually high traffic here.
- bitched out on a few approaches. I asked one girl for the time, and the next girl looked at me like I was retarded and so I was a bit taken aback by that.
- I made sure to only approach the hottest girls but read through the q and a thread and chris said that they didn't need to be hot. Although it is better.
-Also realized that the conversation doesn't even need to make sense. When the girl doesn't know where something is and hasn't been there, I feel weird about asking if she's been there when she very clearly just answered that question
- Just realized how big of a time committment this program would be
- Did this on a sunday, and the malls were closed so I've only done 2 "sets" so far.
What I did:
- I went to mall and did "4 sets"
- Got conscious that people were onto me because there weren't many people at the mall, and the people that I saw
- starting to get over doing this drill, in which conversations don't make sense.
- challenged myself by approaching girls in the girls section of H&M, and I also have a tendency to say thanks to end the convo, so I did my best to just rudely leave (this is tough).
- took only 1 hour. Which is good.
- I'm really starting to get why this works, I feel really tempted to approach and try to number close
I'm already feeling this is a steep upward climb for myself. But I know this will all be worth it!
What I did:
- Went to the closest mall to me, but it was quite empty but I did manage to do 2 sets (out of the 5)
- Totally forgot I had somewhere to be and had to end my drill early.
- went to a bigger mall that's further out, and it's packed so I ripped through the drill so easy
I found the "get in there" part of the drill easy because that's how I usually am when i do the drills anyways so no problem there. But I did have some hesitation the whole day and kind of procrastinated by doing other stuff (which were also important).
I felt really hesitant to go out but eventually I forced myself out. After a few days of doing this, it's starting to get to me, the whole "wtf am I doing?"
I notice that before this AA program, whenever I went out, I'd sometimes have bouts where I feel fearless, and other times where I couldn't even ask for the time, it was very sporadic.
I'll try to challenge myself a little bit for future drills by re-approaching the same women, do one after another within earshot, timing myself, and approaching in diff situations (groups with guys, stationary, groups with girls, while they're on the phone, listening to music,etc,...). I will also do the drills while I'm doing other things so I don't waste time.
As I'm doing more and more of this program I feel that it's becoming a habit for me to do everything I possibly can to finish these drills. I almost have to convince myself to quit when I need to. Whereas before I kind of made every excuse to bitch out of doing the drills or approaches.
What I did:
I did maybe one stack, I was really in my head. I kind of froze up and couldn't do shit. Kind of pissed off but shit like this happens. Just gotta go out more. Funny thing is that, this drill wasn't hard at all, if this was the first drill that I did there would be no problems. But after going out day after day and doing these drills, it feels as if it takes a toll on you.
I havent done the AA program yet, but i think this is certainly a common phenomena. Similar to feelings like coming off a drug or something else like that. Just feelings, don't put to much emphasis on feelings, thats all they are. Just stick to the program and do what you need to do, even if its taxing. Not trying to preach at you or anything just encouragement!
what I did:
- Got a bit of a slow start, eventually pushed myself out there and did the drill. Even finished the stacks where it didn't make any sense. Had one girl just be like "I don't know because I haven't been there"
- Part of the reason I was having trouble with these drills I find is that I was taking them way too seriously. Gotta relax
- Also gotta wear some comfortable shoes to do this, my feet were hurting after this was done.
- If you're doing cold approaches for the first time, keep your expectations in check. It's normal to feel like you're ready for next level shit when you had just ONE good day of cold approaching. Success in this is spontaneous. I know a few guys that have 50+ cold approach notches and still bitch out on cold approaches from time to time. Take it slow, don't get ahead of yourself. That's why you're not trying to get laid during these drills. Get consistently good with the basics first (which is dealing wtih AA)
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.