This is an opinion website that offers information of a general nature and none of the opinions should be construed as advice. Nothing contained within the site is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to Good Looking Loser. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals.
Affiliate Disclosure: At absolutely no expense to you, if you make a purchase, we may receive commissions from some links on this website. That is how our community supports itself. I don't recommend anything that I have not used personally or believe in. Thanks!
Yeah man I always tell people they're a legend. Or sometimes "You're a fucking champion". I think "you're a legend" might be Australian slang, do you ever say it over there?
Your high five video is the sole reason I did that video and the challenge. I think the reason this shit is so fun is because NOBODY DOES THIS. I mean sure, you can go on Youtube and see lots of prank shows that do this, but nobody in real life does it. I have never, in my life, had a stranger high-five me. And I live in a huge city, so you'd think it would have happened at some point.
Australia is a cool place. I always love how fascinated foreigners are by it. If you've got any questions I'll answer them. Love that you wrote 'straya, but you forgot to say "cunt" at the end. 'Straya, cunt.
More positive than you? Man you're killing it, doing like 30 days worth of drills every day. I'm the tortoise.
Hey sluts, today was day 6. Asking for time + directions + "have you been there"?
- Pretty obvious from this video (I'm laying down) I still have more weight to lose. Been following Chris' "no carb" eating plan, lifting heavy 3x per week. FATTY.
- Made the drills "harder" by asking EVERY one of the 15 women for the time + directions + have you been there (you're only supposed to do that to 5 of them).
- Wore my watch again too, though unlike yesterday it was covered by my jacket. Still makes me feel like a secret badass
- Not many women this time of morning (everyone's at work) so even though I did it to EVERY woman I could find (even old women/groups of women/girls with their boyfriends) it still took me about an hour and a half to get to 15. Felt like such a grind. But it was a good chance to practice "Shut my mouth and do as I'm told". My job is not to think, my job is to DO.
- Because I couldn't find many women, I started getting REALLY HAPPY as soon as I saw a woman, to the point I'd cross the street to talk to her. This is fantastic - I want to be this happy to see hot girls to the point I cross the street to hit on them.
- Had 1 bad reaction which threw me a little. One woman freaked out when I asked for time, acted like I was a monster. Instead of feeling self-conscious I got angry that she was so fucking weird and yelled at her as she walked away. Felt better. She's a fucking weirdo.
- Had a couple of great reactions and conversations which I talk about in the vid
- Watch the to VERY END of the video, in the last few seconds I share an inspirational message to all of you
Every once in a while, like maybe 1 in 200 girls, one will just seem super freaked out and take off. It's a little disconcerting when it happens, but like you said: it's probably something the matter with them. You never know who has been mugged/assaulted before.
It's super sad to think about the culture of isolation we live in. The approach anxiety program runs so contrary to what we've been taught about interacting with strangers. I really like it. It's all about actively fighting a world that's becoming increasingly lonely. Screw that shit!
Count: 113 (30 from cold approach since finding GLL)
Offering coaching as of 2020 on the following topics:
-Organization and life planning
Asking girls for time + directions + have you been there.
Feeling lazy today so I'll skip the VLOG and just type.
Last night did day 7 drill. I've noticed the more I do these drills, and the more I talk to people... People are starting to randomly talk to ME. I've had random strangers ask me for directions. This old guy came up to me and asked me if I knew what time a certain office opened. I smiled at these two guys in the city, and they stopped, turned around and asked me if I knew any good restaurants to eat at (they were American tourists). I really must be giving off a different "vibe", strangers didn't really talk to me much before.
I guess I never really gave anyone eye contact before. I never looked into people's eyes. Now I do it to 100% of strangers I walk past. I've noticed girls looking at me more on the train too. I don't know if they're "checking me out" but the eye contact is nice and it's always cute when they shyly look away.
So the drills: I was on my way to a restaurant in the city centre, so I completed all the drills on the way there. I did a few of them at the train station at peak hour (5.30pm) and I think that was a mistake. Everyone was in a rush, they're all dressed in suits, and they're probably the worst people to do this on - most of them look super depressed and probably work jobs they hate so they're not in a good mood. 3 girls in a row completely ignored me/were rude. Not gonna lie, it threw me a bit. It really shook my confidence.
Started having neurotic thoughts like "Maybe I'm ugly. Maybe I'm fat. Maybe I'm a fucking weirdo asking people for the time, why am I even doing this? Why did those 3 chicks in a row act like bitches to me, it must be me." Part of me didn't want to complete the drills but I told myself I didn't have a choice and I had to persevere.
I forced myself to complete the drills and I was glad I did. One old lady was really sweet and really happy when I asked the "have you been there?" question. And this cute Indian chick was smiling so much right from the moment I said "Hey excuse me". A couple more people kinda walked away as I was asking, so I followed them and walked with them like a weirdo while they answered my questions. I think that's a strategy I'll use more - if they don't stop, I'll just run after them until they give me what I want (answers to my questions). One group of girls + guys, I asked the girl for the time but she kept walking so I called, "Don't walk away." She stopped, came back and said sorry then gave me the time. I've noticed strangers usually comply when you tell them what to do. Good example of this:
Extra stuff not in the video:
Last night one of my fuckbuddies came over. She's a solid 8, does amateur modelling, cute little thin asian 18 year old. Very loyal fuckbuddy, been at it for about 5 months, comes over once a week whenever I text her. The sex is insane, we go at it for hours and she screams the house down.
Having a hot fuckbuddy makes this AA program SO much easier. Whenever my confidence gets knocked a bit from a "weird" reaction, I think "I can't be that much of a loser. I have a hot fuckbuddy who can't get enough. There must be other women out there who'll be into me too."
Still doing POF but I fucking hate it, I'm dragging my heels. Bitches on there are so entitled, and not that hot. Got 1 number so far, some day this week I'll message a bunch more girls when I can be bothered.
I'm definitely giving out a different vibe now when I'm walking around. So many people talking to me. In the space of 30minutes this morning, all this happened: 1 stranger asked ME for the time. One guy asked for directions. One girl asked for directions. Two guys asked about the necklace I'm wearing, where I got it, then he shows me his gold necklace, we banter for a bit. WAY more girls are smiling at me as I walk past, like maybe 30 in the space of 30mins.
Strangers NEVER used to ask me for directions/time/comment on my clothes. And I mean NEVER - I'd go weeks with nobody talking to me in public. I'm not sure if my vibe is different - I'm definitely smiling more and walking more upright like I'm on top of the world. My style is better than it used to be too. But it must be the vibe. Something in my body language is saying to people "Hey I won't bite your head off if you ask me for directions, so feel free!" I think I used to be angry/depressed when walking around, without even realising it. My body language was definitely more closed off.
I know we're not supposed to focus on the reactions - we're meant to just do the drills. But it gives you such incredible social momentum when you have these cute little "moments" with girls. And not just girls - I'm talking to more men too. I feel like I'm reconnecting with the world. I wonder how I went 28 years without doing something like this. How did I go all those years without talking to strangers? What the fuck?
The weird thing is I have an example of someone who talks to EVERY random stranger - my grandfather. All his life he has made jokes, flirted with cute girls (favourite line he always uses: "You know darling, if I was 50 years younger.... I'd still be too old for you".) He'll stop random strangers in the street to ask them stuff, or comment on what they're wearing, or tease them. He acts like the entire world is HIS playground, and he can do whatever he wants. Most people love him for it.
He also gets a lot of negative reactions, lots of people who just don't get his jokes and who look at him as if he's a freak. All my life I cringed when that happened, and I wished he would stop joking around and just be normal. I got embarrassed to be around him in public. My whole family gets embarrassed by him, but have all learned to live with it. And he always acted like he didn't even notice the awkwardness of the "rejection". I always assumed he was fucking stupid or something - how the fuck could he not tell that he'd just made it awkward for that poor stranger? Is he socially retarded? Can't he see the tension in the air? Is he a fucking idiot?
It took me way too long to realise yeah, he can see the tension. He knows he just embarrassed that random stranger. He is 100% aware they think he's a fucking freak who should sit at home all day instead of going out and bothering strangers with his stupid jokes. He knows that person didn't find his joke funny, and they think he's the creepiest motherfucker ever - ESPECIALLY because he's old.
Dude nice post on Day 8. I can tell you're really invested in it and putting thought and energy day by day. Your Grandpa sounds like a badass btw haha. I think I've noticed that same thing that you have, and your Grandpa probably did: when you get more social, the world is totally different and really feels like it's coming alive.
Asking for time + Ever been to [restaurant] + Do you like it?
- Had one chick COMPLETELY go out of her way to ignore me. I went full retard and chased after this bitch, yelling at her and demanding an answer until she gave it to me.
- Rest went ok. Few bad reactions, few good ones, just like normal
- I'm getting used to the bad reactions. I don't fear them any more. I know they'll happen and I'm learning to accept them and move on to the next girl
- Sitting on train next to an attractive woman, approach anxiety came up. My mind started inventing reasons why I couldn't do the drill on her. I forced myself to do it and I'm so glad I did. No more excuses. Just do the drill.
Im in the city about to meet a mate so I just typed this instead of vlog.
Did the drill, took about an hour and 15, not many women around.
Everyone was really friendly and easy to approach. Best drill ive done. I think i was more calm than usual. And ive started "planting" myself which seems to work. So ill say "excuse me" and stop, and wait for them to come to me. Then wait til they say "hey whats up?" before i ask for time.
I think i was rushing it too much before. And i think i was being "awkward" without realising it. I know the point is to just do the drill and not worry about being smooth or getting good reactions. But its worth pointing out with nothing but doing the drills over and over, you naturally get better and drills become easier and youre less nervous.
I tried to focus mostly on hot chicks tonight. All of them were super nice and helpful.
Walked past this really hot chick. She looked at me and we held eye contact for about 5 seconds, both of us smiling. I was kinda mesmerised, i should have done the drill but my brain stopped working lol. I should have turned around and run after her. In future i wont make that mistake again - i will turn around and rum after a chick i want to talk to.
Only one kinda weird reaction, nothing major. Asked one woman for time + where's the cinema + seen anything good lately. We were walking together and actually made some convo and seemed to be vibing. Eventually i say 'hey im going this way but whats your name?" and i put my hand out to shake hers. She makes this face and gets creeped out says "uhhhh..... Why do you need to know my name?" me: "so i can shake your hand and say thankyou" she: "thats ok" and walks off.
What a weirdo. And maybe this is confirmation bias, but she was 30-something. And average looking. All the weird reactions ive had have been around that age.
Im gonna focus only on hot chicks in the future. If im going to get blown out, i at least want it to be by a hotty. Not some average bitch
Lol i needed to know the time. I went to pull out my phone and then thought "Wait a minute...." turned to the cute brunette next to me and asked for time.
Its literally easier to ask a stranger for the time than it is to pull my phone out.
This cute girl was talking loudly on the phone she's like "Im getting so mad... Im going to regret it on monday but im just so fucking mad". Sounds funny when a cute girl swears so i looked at her and smiled. She got embarrassed and says "Oh im so sorry". I smile and say "Nah, that's alright cunt". HER FACE WAS PRICELESS.
Ask for time + know anywhere that sells phones + what kind of phone do you have + do you like it
- Did it at a shopping centre (mall). Went really well
- Not a single bad reaction. Im getting more good reactions lately. I put it down to a few things:
Im "planting" myself. So if a chick is walking towards me, I say "excuse me" to get her attention. Then I stop and stand still (before, I would keep walking until we were standing next to each other). By standing still, I make come to me which seems to stop them being in a rush and they stick around and let me finish all my questions. Highly recommended.
I'm talking slower. Much slower, like I'm more relaxed and have all the time in the world to talk. Before I was rushing just to get the drill done, I was firing off the questions one after another like a drill sergeant. Now I'm slowing down which seems to make them slow down too.
Im also smiling more because I'm having fun now and I'm not so nervous. I'm making little jokes/comments and stuff without even meaning too. I'm just naturally more relaxed, which is a product of doing this so many times over and over and over again. So the conversation is more relaxed.
- One chick who I did the drill on later saw me do it on another chick. She smiled, and I said to her "I still can't find a phone store!" She laughed.
- On the last chick i went into the samsung store and asked for directions to the apple store and told her I hate samsung. Lol.
- Hot chicks are really friendly, 90% of the time. Can't believe I used to be scared of them.
TODAY YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND ACTING LIKE A BETA!
(Ask for time + know anywhere that sells romantic candles + i'm planning a romantic candlelit dinner for my girlfriend + i'm the sweetest guy ever).
- GIRLS ARE GAY. Lol. Every one I talked to just went "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww" and turned into a mushy pile of mush. So gay. But utterly hilarious. This drill was really, really, really fun.
- Did it in a really boutique mall, all the girls were divas, which was cool. Lots of 9's and 10's to practice on, and they were all super nice and friendly right from the start.
- 100% good reactions. Conversations are flowing SO MUCH EASIER now. And it's 100% down to me; I'm more relaxed, I'm talking slower, my face isn't tense anymore (when I first started the AA program I was so tense and nervous), I'm not in a rush, I'm "outcome independent" as in I truly don't care if they give me a bad reaction or a good one. (But I do like the good ones of course). All of that seems to make the girls relaxed in my presence too.
- This new "skill" of asking people for directions and shit is really helpful. I was in a new area today and I stopped a couple of strangers to ask if they knew where the closest fish and chips place was, and also asked where a bank was. It's kinda more "fun" than pulling out your phone to look it up.
- After the drill, I went to a soap making class, made some awesome fucking soaps, was heaps of fun. I attached a pic, check that shit out:
The GoodLookingLoser.com forum offers visitors the ability to exchange information and thoughts. Nothing contained within GoodLookingLoser.com forum is the advice, opinion or otherwise the view of any host, owner, server or other provider of services to GoodLookingLoser.com or of Goodlookingloser.com itself. Nothing stated shall be construed to serve as a replacement for competent advice from professionals. Visitors are to make their own independent inquiries before acting on any information contained within the website forum.
I didn't think the "Get Hung" guide would have girls eyeing my bulge. It did.
I didn't think that your exercise and diet advice would have girls checking me out. It did.
I DEFINITELY didn't think that your hair-loss prevention would fix my hairline. Not in a billion years. It mother fucking did. You saved me a crazy amount of time, a ton of money, unnecessary pain, and destroyed my #1 source of anxiety. DESTROYED IT.
Kratom is next!
To anyone reading this, follow through, read this material, APPLY this material, and enjoy life.